Tuesday 26 May 2015

PARTING WORDS 5



OGUNSUNMI JOEL ABIODUN




AbeyJ as popularly called. The first time I met you was somewhere around the Political Science department, that was in the year 2011. I and Tope saw you walk up to us as we stay glued to the notice board looking for information that was not lost about her department. I remember Tope was desperate to meet any of her departmental mates, and so as fresh students, we roamed around the Political Science department hunting for anyone. Fortunately for her, she caught a big fish, AbeyJ who introduced himself as the Class Rep. The rest, now a history.

Quite momentous in our relationship was the day I introduced the idea of Grammaticus with you. That was in the sketchy days of the organization. We were heading back to the hostel from school and we got talking. Something led to it and right at that point I love your approach to it. I could read it in your eyes and form the way you responded to it. Little wonder you massively recruited about half of your classmate to our inaugural meeting under the Mango tree around College hall. Seeing the likes of Ajimuda, Dominic, Segun, Deolu and others who became nominal members was a big boost. I didn’t have to give it a second taught in asking you to assist me as the Pioneer Vice President of the Organization. The position you handled diligently and humbly till we graduated.

I won’t shy away from the fact that I have my big flaws in our relationship. I know many times you have one or two things against my life's methodology but I respect you for the maturity you have always displayed in dealing with me. Our final year was a bang. It was the year we became very close; always having to meet at Charity’s joint and from there we stroll to the hostel together. And you know the peak of it? People see us and salute the positions we both occupy. I can’t forget how on many occasions you use your political grandiose to rescue me and Grammaticus from the troubles of extreme OSCOED unionists, who lost their peace and threaten when we have publications that expose their shortcomings and deficiencies. Quite unconventional Ijesa man, AbeyJ, I love you from the bottom of my heart and like I always say, forget me not in your paradise.


ADARAMODU OLUMIDE

At RCF finalist thanksgiving on the 9th of March 2015, I approached you before your ministration and asked if you remember the first time we met. You apparently couldn’t remember, but I did and I will not mind to tell you and the world how we met because, unlike what operates in our society today, a society where majority of us tend to be carefree and portrays ‘I don’t care attitude’ you showed a little bit of love and kindness and that meant a lot.

Back then in 100level, we had a class on a Monday morning by Mr. Ikotun (History of Education) I accessorized my dressing with a bow tie. I didn’t pay much attention to the way I positioned the tie. At the end of the class, with a smile you approached me and adjusted the swayed tie round my neck. Coming to do that as a stranger simply got you attracted to me, the rest is a history – Omowumi, Campus Carol 2012, DOD Finalist Mega Fest 2014, Magazine launch, GrandPa’s burial, Sister’s wedding, Grammaticus Induction to many but few were highlights of a productive symbiotic relationship.

You are one of the few guys I admire on campus and that is simply because you are good at what you do. I love your viewpoints, your ambitions and your personality. Thanks for bringing that change to Campus in your own big way. See you at the TOP -Loke Loke

ADEPOJU IBUKUN

Until very recently, It was a little difficult for me to understand you, but I think I now understand you to a large extent- We always disagree to agree, but I just can’t relegate you behind. You had your dynamic role in my life. You call me to my sense when I am going astray, I might appear headstrong at some points, but trust me none of your cautions leave me without punching my head. Most important is the role you played in ensuring that Grammaticus didn’t take the role of Agape – it almost did anyways. As the Secretary you ensured you took the lead role in acting as the strong Mama of the house.

I commend your role in Agape since the very first day you attended our meeting. That was towards the preparation for the Campus Carol 2012. I remember you called me later that day to give your reaction to the meeting and that was the breaking point in our relationship and the role you played in ensuring that Agape becomes what it is today.


Early this month, when I paid a visit to your hostel and you called me into your room to share your plans, I felt so humbled and honoured. To me, it was a proof that you still hold our relationship in high regards. It shows that we as we depart physically, we can always have something to link us together.  I value you a great deal omo baba Adepoju

ODEDELE AKINKUNMI

To start with, I need to apologize for the terrible mistake I did by omitting your name in the acknowledgment of my final year Project. I seriously don’t know how it happened, but of all friends? Akin? I was a nasty mistake. Trust me, Project will fizzle away but the memories of our friendship and relationship will linger forever.

Time and cyber space will fail me to pinpoint your brilliant role during and even after our stay on Campus. In one word, you were so impactful. Many personal and collective (Agape/Grammaticus) achievements can be traced to your role in my life - So mutual, so insightful, and so understanding.  I’d always pick you up on many daunting tasks and assignments.  Akinkunmi, I will valve you forever.    

IDOUN OLUWASEUN

Pardon to me to say this ‘Ours is a story of a sweet relationship that went into bitter annihilation. It grieves my heart how I fail to hold on to this relationship I so much value and adore.’ If perhaps I get a second chance I might work on areas that we got it wrong.

I need tell the world that Seun played a vital role in the establishment of the Grammaticus. His romance with his lecturer got us the long awaited approval to finalize our registration with the Students Affairs Division. Again, after our second semester exam in 100Level, Seun delayed his journey to Lagos to enable us finalize the operation blueprint and the constitution of the organization.

His commitment to the Agape Carol 2012 was fantastic. I remember how we trekked from Odo – Iro to Imo dropping letters and meeting Pastors for support. How you will ensure you get to the College Pavilion before 7AM everyday for the morning prayers heralding the Campus Carol. Flashing back, I remember what we went through and they tell me that as a friend, (that I used to be) I don’t have what it takes to reward you but definitely, you won’t go unrewarded. You contributed immensely to many personal and organizational accomplishments. I will forever hold you in highest esteem. I value you sir. Johnson told me you moved back to Lagos, wishing you the best in all of life’s endeavours.    

No comments:

Post a Comment